1、 Material characteristics
1. Galvanized steel: Galvanized steel is generally made of carbon steel after hot-dip galvanizing treatment, which has good corrosion resistance and fire resistance. Galvanized steel has high strength and stiffness, making it suitable for cable tray systems with high load-bearing capacity. In addition, the anti-corrosion performance of galvanized steel can maintain a certain degree of stability in humid and corrosive environments.
2. Stainless steel: Stainless steel has excellent corrosion resistance and is suitable for humid and corrosive environments. The advantage of stainless steel is that it does not rust and has good rigidity and strength. The stainless steel cable tray has a long service life and low maintenance cost. However, stainless steel materials have a higher price and are suitable for projects with high requirements for corrosion resistance and sufficient budget.
3. Aluminum alloy: Aluminum alloy has the characteristics of lightweight, high strength, corrosion resistance, and good conductivity, and is suitable for places that need to reduce self weight and reduce installation work. The advantage of aluminum alloy is its lightweight, easy to carry and install, and suitable for use in high-altitude operations, bridges, and other places. However, the strength and rigidity of aluminum alloys are relatively low, so they need to be carefully selected in places where heavy loads need to be carried.
2、 Environmental factors
1. Indoor environment: For indoor environments, generally galvanized steel is more common and suitable. The indoor environment temperature is relatively stable and the humidity is relatively low. Common galvanized steel can meet basic anti-corrosion and durability requirements.
2. Outdoor environment: In outdoor environments, due to factors such as oxygen, moisture, and sunlight, cable trays require high corrosion resistance. Stainless steel and aluminum alloy materials are suitable for outdoor environments and can effectively resist wind, sun, and rain erosion.
3. Wet environment: For humid environments such as basements and ship cabins with high humidity, galvanized steel and stainless steel materials have good anti-corrosion performance and can withstand the corrosion caused by humid environments.
4. Corrosive environment: If there are strong corrosive factors such as acidity or alkalinity in the engineering environment, it is necessary to choose stainless steel materials with higher corrosion resistance. Stainless steel materials can maintain good performance in corrosive environments for a long time and are not susceptible to corrosion damage.
3、 Engineering requirements
1. Load bearing requirements: Based on the total cable load and the span size of the cable tray, select the corresponding material of the cable tray to meet the load bearing requirements. Galvanized steel has high strength and load-bearing capacity, and is widely used in projects with high load-bearing requirements.
2. Maintenance cost: The maintenance cost of different materials varies. Stainless steel and aluminum alloy materials have lower maintenance costs because they are less prone to rust and corrosion, and do not require frequent painting and repair.
3. Budget constraints: There are also certain differences in the prices of different materials, with lower prices for galvanized steel, higher prices for stainless steel, and relatively higher prices for aluminum alloy materials. Select appropriate materials based on the budget situation of the project.